We want our learners to:
- develop and extend their knowledge and understanding of specified key events, periods and societies in local, British, and wider world history: and of the wide diversity of human experience;
- engage in historical enquiry to develop as independent learners and as critical and reflective thinkers;
- develop the ability to ask relevant questions about the past, to investigate issues critically and to make valid historical claims by using a range of sources in their historical context;
- develop an awareness of why people, events and developments have been accorded historical significance and how and why different interpretations have been constructed about them;
- organise and communicate their historical knowledge and understanding in different ways and reach substantiated conclusions.