We want to provide our learners with a high quality mathematics education that equips them with key skills and understanding of mathematical concepts that also develops their ability to communicate their mathematical reasoning and become critical thinkers. Through personalised schemes of learning and in-depth knowledge of our learners’ abilities, we believe every learner will make significant progress regardless of their starting point, build confidence and enjoy maths during their time at our school.
We aim to develop:
- A positive attitude towards mathematics and an awareness of the fascination of mathematics;
- Competence and confidence in mathematical knowledge, understanding, concepts and skills;
- Fluent mathematicians who are confident and are able to apply their mathematical knowledge to solve problems, to reason, to think logically and to work systematically and accurately;
- Learners’ ability to reason about mathematical concepts and make connections within the mathematics curriculum, the whole school curriculum and between disciplines and the wider world;
- Develop independent problem solvers who take risks in their learning and challenge themselves and can work in cooperation with others;
- Learners’ skills knowledge, understanding and experiences ready for their next phase in learning, school, college or work.