We try to provide our learners with a high quality sports studies education that equips them with key skills and an understanding of sports, health and well-being. We want to develop the confidence of learners to take risks and enjoy the process. We aim to provoke discussion and build confidence and self-esteem, introducing learners to the therapeutic elements and health benefits of PE and Sport. We aim to enhance and enrich learners’ school experience by encouraging them to express themselves practically, to feel confident exploring new sports and to be able to express their own feelings and opinions whether in practical, written or visual form
We believe every learner will make progress, build confidence and enjoy sports during their time at our school from Key Stage 1 through to Key Stage 4.
We want our learners to:
- Develop a positive attitude towards sport and health and an awareness of the benefits of sport;
- Demonstrate competence and confidence in sporting knowledge, understanding, concepts and skills;
- Demonstrate skills across a wide range of sports to communicate ideas and experiences;
- Be independent problem solvers who take risks in their learning and challenge themselves;
- Be able to work in cooperation with others;
- Acquire skills, knowledge, understanding and experiences ready for their next phase in learning, school, college or work.